Why is there Teflon Products and Kynar- PVDF extended delivery
Over the past year, the business has had more difficulties than I have seen around my 30 years experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have seen several shortages, and delivery delays caused by material allocations by plastic resin manufacturers. This is definitely the first occasion I have seen all these issues at the same time.
PTFE Sheet (TFE) and Kynar are both on allocation.
This pair of resins are in short supply. The PTFE Sheeting product PTFE (TFE) as well as PVDF manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar that's mined in Mongolia and China. The worldwide interest in this mineral has grown significantly, as well as supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high temperature resistance, excellent chemical resistance and really low co-efficient of friction (slippery) and is utilised within tons of purposes from non-stick fry pots and pans to ptfe tape for personal use. This particular mineral is actually the key raw materials inside the production of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and many refrigerants.This surge in demand linked with general shortage of raw materials is responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double throughout the last year), shortages, and we expect both these factors to continue in the near future.
Comments
Post a Comment