How come there's a Teflon and Kynar- PVDF extended delivery times
Over the past year, the industry has had more difficulties than I have come across inside my three decades experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have witnessed several shortages, and delivery delays resulting from resin allocations through plastic resin vendors. This is actually the first instance I have seen all these issues at one time.
PTFE (TFE) and Kynar both are on allocation.
This pair of resins are in short supply. The PTFE Sheet suppliers product PTFE (TFE) and Kynar-PVDF manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar that is mined in Mongolia and China. The world requirement for this mineral has risen significantly, as well as supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high temperature resistance, excellent chemical resistance and incredibly low co-efficient of friction (slippery) and is utilised throughout dozens of applications from non-stick fry pans to ptfe tape for personal use. This mineral is a key raw material in the production of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and several refrigerants.This escalating demand paired with general shortage of raw materials is responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double within the past year), shortages, and we expect these two factors to keep at it in the near future.
Comments
Post a Comment